Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the news in the morning

There's nothing better than reading the news in the morning to make me smile. The news is filled with stupid people, doing stupid things and it makes you wonder 'How?' For example, one piece of news is the shooting outside of an Indianapolis strip club involving several members of the Indiana Pacers. This following their new campaign that they are changing the organization, for the better, all around from the players to the lady that works the front desk. And now the NBA commissioner is implementing change within the whole organization. Great! So now you're trying to teach morality to a bunch of people that never in a day of their life had any? Good luck with that. I guess the incentive of keeping their multi-million dollar paychecks would 'make' them go along with the change. Huh. That just sounds moronic.
Now I don't have anything against incentive programs, but shouldn't the underlying theme be a love (passion) for whatever it is you're doing? I love what I do, unfortunately I don't get paid much. After bills (rent, gas, electricity) I have about $200 for other necessities (gas for car, food, clothing, movies). To add to my income I have my Reserve drill pay, which maybe another $200 but I have to drive 206 miles (one way) to do this. So why do I do it? Because I love it. Sure, it'd be great if I could collect a million dollars a year for what I do but I don't and it doesn't stop me. I come in 30 minutes early and leave on-time or later. I work from home afterwards and even work weekends. All for the measly paycheck I collect. I say let the basketball players work for $5.25-an-hour plus tips, keep the strict dress code and the ban on firearms, and see how many keep playing. Love of the game right?
So basketball players get paid huge sums of money to entertain us. Interesting, and what's the shelf life of a basketball player? Twenty years? Thirty years? Oh well, they're set for life once they retire. Of course they'd have to be set for life when they retire at 35, it's because their f**king morons that have no marketable skills beside throwing an orange ball into an orange hoop. Woo! I said let them carry guns onto the courts, I'll watch from home. That'll make the game more interesting. I think more people would watch. A guy goes up for a dunk and BANG! Did someone get hit? No? Oh, he didn't make the dunk either. Now if a team scores a 100 points, they're the winner. Plus it'll thin out the herd once they learn how to shoot. And for the playoffs, let the audience bring in their own firearms. More motivation I say, players could be shot by the opponent's fans or if they miss a shot or pass, then one of their own fans could shoot them. How's that for incentive?

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

all right, angry man.

Dan said...

not angry. just realistic.