Tuesday, January 16, 2007

because the night

So 72 year old Hylton is aiming for Dayton 500. While I may joke about this, I think it's admirable goal. There's nothing wrong with comebacks, it's one of the more heartfelt stories in sports. With that said... Dude, he's going to have his left turn signal on for 500 miles, that's going set some record right?

In case you didn't watch the Golden Globes (like me) here are the results. I was watching '24' as Jack Bauer was saving the US. *sigh* I wish someone would detonate a nuke in LA.

Am I wrong? Isn't the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just that? A hall of fame for rock'n roll. So why exactly is Grandmaster Flash being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Willie Mays isn't in the Football Hall of Fame because *gasp* he's a baseball player. You don't put a rap artist in *gasp* a rock'n roll hall of fame. Why aren't more people outraged about this? It's rock'n roll people! If it was the Music Hall of Fame, then call it that. So while we're at it, go ahead and put Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, Sousa, Williams, and hundreds of others that belong in such a shrine. No? Why not? BECAUSE IT'S NOT ROCK AND ROLL! I wouldn't want them in the same building anyway. I'm just saying, it's not the Music Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be about rock'n roll. I don't know how Grandmaster Flash fits into that criteria, but then again the criteria is pretty lax. Release a single or album 25 years ago. Hmm. I say let Grandmaster Flash be the first inductee in the Hip-Hop/Rap/Dance/Scratching/DJ Hall of Fame. Leave rock and roll to rock and roll.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

damn, missed the globes. i think i saw *a* movie in 2006. and i can't even remember what it was. but that's no reason to not bring back my world famous oscar party! (aka me, a bag of funyuns, and a 6-pk of barqs.) good times.