Wednesday, January 03, 2007

hands clean

Like Christy I'm just now doing a review of 2006. Whereas she cited a preoccupation the thought of a substanial posting, I'm going to go ahead with the classic. "Fuck it, I ain't gonna lie. I'm just lazy."

So 2006. Work-wise I started the year as a furniture mover but ended as a researcher at a public relations company. How the two fields are related is strange, but believe it or not I took a huge pay cut to do this job because I feel that there's a good future in this sort of work. I got to reconnect with old college friends through some of the weirdest coincidences (yes, there's a story to be told). Starting seriously blogging. By seriously I mean like on a daily basis, not the content of said blogs. This in turn has reducing my use of profanity probably to a normal level. I was up to a 70% profanity content since 2003. Plus, it's almost been therapeutic to rant about things that were bugging me. Once that was complete I kept my spirits up by doing the news like my own Daily Show.
I made a few new friends, which is hard for me. I'm sort of like Randall from Clerks and Clerks II, minus the Jersey skeez. I only lost 6 friends in Iraq and Afghanistan this year, low compared to previous years. My personal life is getting more organized, all of my DVDs are organized (online) and I picked up one of my favorite hobbies; Legos.

So what do I want to accomplish in 2007...
As always, setting the bar low. Or, baby steps.

1. Get a bed. - Yeah, that's right. No bed. Back is hurting.

2. Complete the most recent game I've purchased, Final Fantasy XII. - This sounds like an easy task right? Look, I haven't completed a Playstation FF game since Final Fantasy Tactics. Yeah, that's right, I haven't finished a game since 1999. So what? In fact, I don't think I've past any game since that point.

3. Continue organizing my life. - Then throw it back into chaos by getting a 3rd shift job.

4. At least consider going back to school.

5. Lose weight. - Yeah, I've been parting it to the side. I may have to start running to accomplish that goal.



That's it so far. I pretty much like my life. I've got cable, internet and food. Take those things away and Daniel go crazy. Yeah, Daniel will start to talk about himself in the third person...

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

better late than never.

i should send you the bionicle set i got in a grab bag ... i was all happy bc it sounded like candy. HA.