Thursday, January 11, 2007

when children cry

So I don't get it. What exactly is the purpose behind swabbing the arm of a person about to receive a lethal injection? To quote George Carlin, "He's going to Hell and he has an infection." And for that matter, why do prisons put death row inmates scheduled for lethal injection on suicide watch? It doesn't make sense. I'm pro-suicide. There are a few stipulations I'd like to include with that statement. It's acceptable in instances where it doesn't really affect the rest of the population. Running the car in a garage. Acceptable. Jumping off a highway overpass. Unacceptable. Like this case, I think it's good if he did actually kill himself. Rather than going to trial, get convicted, go to jail, get released, do it again; he cut through all the crap. On the other hand, if he was murdered to make it look like a suicide then I have a problem.
Yeah, see, you don't want me to talk a jumper down. "Look buddy, life can suck but imagine what the guy that has to clean up the sidewalk after you is going to feel. And you're going to cause a traffic jam if you do. Put that in your pipe and smoke it." Or my favorite. "Look, if you're going to kill yourself. At least line the room in plastic. Show some consideration for the people that have to clean up after you."
OK, maybe that's a little harsh. And faced with the situation, I probably wouldn't really say it but I can dream. Thus this is the perfect forum for me to speak.

The headline is deceiving. In reality it should say something about the stupid parents. Yeah it sucks, you picked the wrong place to live. Schoolbuses do go to schools, that's their purpose. Yes. What they don't do is go to different schools for the same route. Nope. If you live outside the "school's attendance area" you don't get a bus service. The solution is not to stick them on any ol' bus that happens by. Example, if your kids to go Phalen Lake Elementary School, don't stick them on the bus that's going to Phalen Lake language academy. I think the bus driver was cool enough to drop the kids off at their school, but I don't think it's the bus driver's responsibility to pick them up from their school and drop them home too. What confuses me is this: Kids board bus on Monday. Mom picks up stranded kids on Wednesday. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN BETWEEN???? I'd be pissed if my parents sent me to school on Monday but didn't pick me up until Wednesday. I'd probably call Social Services myself. So who's in the wrong here? Because it sounds like we should be on the parent's side, but I don't side with the retarded.

No comments: