Thursday, June 07, 2007

huh?

Because you asked Christy, I'll answer. Why was I in Columbus, Ohio? The simple answer is for the Army. I took a month off to get my unit mobilized (without me). I've been working day after day to get these people out of here, plus the week of training I taught. And let me tell you, not a lot of people even noticed what I did but that's the way it should be. I don't need credit or recognition, it just needed to be done.
The complex answer? What other motivation is there for a guy besides a girl? All of the stupid things I've done have been for a girl. Move away for college? Joined the Army? Running into a semi-busy road? *sigh* I'm not very smart. She's cool, funny (my kind of funny), cute as hell; but here's the catch: she's a little too young for me. It's not really an excuse but when I put some thought into it; it just seems weird. *shrug* She's seven years younger than me, which isn't bad but I've been in the Army for that long. When I joined she was in middle school and doesn't that seem weird? Maybe it's me or maybe I'm thinking too much (for a dumb guy I do a lot of thinking).
Still, she's made her feelings towards me clear and I can accept that. Plus, you've got to figure my life will be different in a year when she gets back and I'll forget the whole thing. Probably not, but I can hope can't I?

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

think of it this way. you're old, so seven years younger is not that young.

yes, hope. hope always.

i will be in NYC/DC for a bit, so hold down the blogging fort, ok?

ttys!