Thursday, July 05, 2007

more than meets the eye

Went to see Transformers in the theatres on the 4th. Pretty bad ass movie if you ask me, once you got past all the backstory. Of course my buddy Joe pointed out that as with most comicbook to live-action movie there is always a lot of backstory. There has to be because what's in the comicbook can't always fit into a real movie. That's one of the faults but it shows off the writers' and producers' abilities. Hopefully the audience doesn't have to suffer. So my guess is that they're working on the sequel as we speak. I'm interested to see what they have in mind as far as storyline. Autobots, transform and roll out. How cool is it that Peter Cullen is still the voice of Optimus Prime?

Speaking of comicbook to live-action movies... it looks like Chim Chim is going to be put down. Christina Ricci is Trixie? I always thought Trixie was wholesome...

Huh, my bad. I guess he didn't go with the foreign car theory. Still, he's just throwing punches in the dark.

No natural predators? What are we? Chop liver? I say that hook is a pretty good predator. Unnatural, but still. Maybe some hand grenades or a car battery.

As a guy I have to bring this up. Really? There's a victim here? Well, maybe the teacher. And does it really belong in the "School Violence" section?

No comments: