Friday, March 28, 2008

i'm just a bill

Well, I talked to one of my cousin's last night. According to my IM history it'd been almost a year since I last talked to her. It was pretty good, caught up, got her caught up on everything. Of course there wasn't much to catch up on. I lead a relatively boring life, so that makes things easier.
Tonight I talked to a friend that I hadn't in a few years. Knew her since junior/senior year of high school. I don't remember so well how long ago it was. So it's a week of reconnecting.

Earlier tonight the whole digital TV commercial came up. You know, where it's 'law' that we all have to get digital TV or get those nifty government coupons for a converter box. I mentioned it to my roommate who responded, "What?" I replied, "Because it's the law." And he asked me, "How did that become a law?"
And I wish this part of the story was snappy, but it wasn't and I had to stall. I pulled up my iTunes and played this song (excerpt courtesy of Amazon.com) for him. I thought it was very educational but all I got was laughs. He rephrased the question as to how digital television is mandatory by the government. To which I have no answer, not even a conspiracy theory. I'll look into it though.

No comments: