Friday, April 11, 2008

unconventional party

Even though it is the role of the best man and I ain't it, I've devised a cool bachelor party. This is taking into account for the wishes of the groom and bride. Now I would've happily planned a "traditional" bachelor party involving strip clubs, bars, strippers, and possibly a fight but I was glad to try to put this together too.

We've got a campsite reservation, where we'll live like men. Starting fires, roasting big ol' piles of meat, hunt and gather our food. Yeah, plus the drinking and more drinking, it'd be fun. OK, so we won't be hunting our food but there'll be fishing. Drunk fishing. We'll bring the meat in a cooler, and we'll roast what we can. Sing songs, tell stories, just like it's portrayed on cave walls.

I did have an idea to make a trip to a wind tunnel so we can simulate skydiving. (Skydiving would be a little too dangerous that this point) The only problem was that the nearest one that I could find was about 3.5-4hrs away, plus for $30 you only get like 3 minutes in the tunnel. There's a bunch of prep time like equipment and training, but still it's not a lot for that long of a drive. Not quite worth the hassle.

Maybe instead of celebrating my birthday in November, I'll move it to July. A few years ago, I opted to have a fun birthday and took my friends to the go-cart track but because it was November (in Indiana) we had to go to an indoor facility. Last year we got to go cliff jumping, which was awesomely awesome. Outdoors-y stuff is so much more fun during the summer. I think I'll take my friends skydiving this year. It's pretty darn safe, I mean the first couple of times it's always a tandem jump. It's not like they just take you up and toss you a parachute telling you "Good luck! See you on the ground!" or something like that. Just remember to go to the bathroom before you go up in the plane. There's nothing worse than landing with a wet pair of pants strapped to another man's chest. OK, there's the chute not opening, but at which point you'll wet yourself anyway.

No comments: