Thursday, March 19, 2009

it's funny cuz it's true

While I applaud the idea of "thinking outside of the box" I feel that this is just a little too far out of said box. I'm sorry but I don't believe that Creationism is a science. I am just not firm believer that a scientist shouldn't disregard a theory just because it doesn't jive with the Holy Bible. I do believe that there is plenty of room in science for religion, but just not a whole lot of room in religion for science according to the Creationists.

Speaking of outside the box, I think this lady isn't just outside of the box she fell off the edge. Well, I'm not sure because I think the universe is spherical, or at least as spherical as an M-theory universe can be.

How bad does your life have to be to get help from Baldwin brothers, Stephen and Danny? I mean, seriously and it to be news? Isn't there anything better to report on in celebrity news? Anyone dying of some sort of brain injury? What? Too soon?

While it's related to the whole celebrity brain injury thing, helmets in this case don't save lives. Not in this instance. It doesn't do anything in skydiving either. To quote Jerry Seinfeld, "at that point, the helmet's wearing you..." Which I always found to be funny, not because of the personification of a helmet but it almost doesn't make sense. When we think skydiving accident, I'm sure that most of us think "chute didn't open." However, there's other injuries that occur too in which a helmet would save your life or prevent serious injury. We just can't help but think of the most extreme cases, which makes the joke funny. 

Hahaha. I like the comment at the end. "A small price to pay to say you have a "flying car." Air quotes are required whenever you do." I wonder who's going to be able to afford the "flying car" with the economy the way it is.

One could take from this article that NASA condones killing helpless bats. Sure they did a risk assessment, no harm to the orbiter. I thought they were out there to advance the knowledge of the planet. The whole planet, bats included. How can they continue to believe that when the road is paved over bats? I hope you sleep well tonight NASA. Too much?

No comments: