Tuesday, August 22, 2006

i <3 my blackberry

Not really. Now that I'm hooked to the internet (literally) at the hip, I don't have any excuses. Email gets automatically sent to my Blackberry, which vibrates or chirps at me. Everything, from all three of my email accounts, work, personal, and the Army. Plus, there's also Yahoo messenger on there, it keeps track of my meetings, and internet access. Oh yeah, it's also a cell phone.
Actually, I'm in the middle of the Blackberry issue. Email alerts keep me from wasting time checking email. Now I can just look at the title on the message screen to see if it's worthy of my time, if not then I go back to work. Also, because of the time difference, I know can IM my kids in Iraq. Usually they get off shift when I'm at work or asleep, now I can interrupt work to talk to them.
The downside? The flashing LED light and the midnight emails wakes me up. And I can't use, "Well I didn't check my email" excuse doesn't work. It's big, a little awkward but rather light. I am getting used to the keypad, typing is getting easier with that thing but I don't think I'll ever get 50 words a minute with that thing.
Did I mention that it was free? That's why I <3 it the most. That's the only reason why I got one too.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

dork. and how come it was free?

Dan said...

wouldn't you like to know nerd?

uh, well. my buddy Joe gave it to me. i needed a phone to check email and act is a modem for when i'm on the road. the blackberry filled all the requirements. he got it from sprint as an incentive gift thingie.