Tuesday, August 22, 2006

i still live at home...

What's changed since I was a kid? I moved out years ago, to go to college in Indiana. Then I joined the Army and lived in Texas for a few years. I lived in Ohio for a year after I got out of the Army. Now I'm living in Indiana. Since that time, my parents moved from Hawaii to Ohio. My mom's died. So why do I have to think about the phrase, "I live at home." Is it the connotation? Sure, I pay rent on my apartment. The gas, electricity and other utilities are in my name, but do I live there? Home is where the hearth is... wait, that's not right; my dad's place doesn't have a hearth. Oh, heart. Yeah, I don't know where that place is either, maybe that's why I don't feel comfortable saying that I live at home. So does that make me homeless?

No comments: