Thursday, August 24, 2006

the remote doesn't work, my brain's broken

My friend Matt, the one with the 55-inch screen plasma HDTV, brought this to my attention. Last night I was watching a dvd at his place. I leave. And today he calls me asking me why if I broke his TV, cuz it doesn't turn on. Now it worked fine when I left, so I know that I didn't break it. And knowing Matt, I don't rush right over because he's the type of guy that would use his cd-rom as a cupholder.
So I walk him through the power on procedure. (Yes, it is just push a button) Then I remembered that he has one of those universal remotes, I asked him which button was lighting up. He said none. Apparently he had the dvd remote in hand and trying to turn the TV on with it. Finally I got him switched over to the universal remote, pressed the little 'tv' button and then power. Wow, it's like magic!
People are stupid, not the machines. Next time you think something's broken, step back and think, it's probably you. Me, I'm a fricking retard.

No comments: