Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stargate SG-1 says farewell

EW is reporting that the SCIFI channel has decided not to renew the longest running science fiction tv show, Stargate SG-1. After ten long years, the epic is over. The viewers will mourn the loss of such a great television show. However, my heart goes out to the cast. I don't think they will have much of a career after this. I'm not saying this to be mean, but just to state a fact that many actors (no matter how good they are) get typecasted after playing a character for many years. For example, when I say Ed O'Neill people automatically think Al Bundy. No matter what you might see him in, as soon as you do you think of Al Bundy.
In the geek-dom of science fantasy, Amanda Tapping is queen. She plays Lt. Colonel Samantha "Sam" Carter on SG-1, an expert in astrophysics, quantum physics, and just all things geeky. She is a geek's dream come true; there have been other notable scifi hotties but none truly compare to Amanda Tapping. She is the geek next door.
I feel partly responsible for SG-1 being cancelled, I haven't been able to watch the last two episodes. Yes, I have a DVR but it is on the fritz and I plan to chuck it through the local cable company's window soon. This week is the viewer's choice episodes, which I will watch. Next week I can't watch the new episode and after that is the mid-season cliffhanger. I am interested in watching how the writers will end the series. There have been many notable series finales, I think this one will be good too.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

uh huh. trying to imagine matthew perry in a dramatic role.

Dan said...

who???? oh. chandler. yeah. no.