Wednesday, September 20, 2006

left of the middle

World politics and stupidity aside, I've been watching a lot of TV lately. Nothing new for me. However, I think I may have gone a little overboard lately. Let's see, I haven't finished the Lego Star Wars video game (but I'm on Episode III), there's still Lost in Translation to view, and I got the new Final Fantasy VII game, Dirge of Cereberus to play. It takes me a long time to play one of those games. Example, I have over 260 hours on Final Fantasy X. I haven't yet beat Final Fantasy X-2. There is also still an active game on Final Fantasy VII, where I'm trying to max out every single character's stats.
On Monday I was faced with a difficult decision. Do I purchase Grey's Anatomy Season 2 Uncut, or do I get the new Lego Star Wars Trilogy? Both cost approximately the same, the downside was that I hadn't completed the first Lego Star Wars game but it would take less time to finish off both games than it would be to view season 2 of GA. Unfortunately, this is premiere week. That means less dvd viewing time because all of the shows that I missed because of the summer hiatus are now all coming on at the same time. Eventually I decided to just get Grey's Anatomy, even though I watched all of the repeats on ABC throughout the summer.
Aaron Sorkin's got a new show on NBC, Studio 60. I've waited a long time for a Sorkin-esque behind-the-camera show. Internet critics (guys living in their parent's basements that haven't seen a girl in real life and spend all of their time in chatrooms talking to the 14 y/o girls thinking they're cool) are starting to notice trends in Sorkin's writing style. Now yes, I agree with them on that fact but they don't realize that it is what works. They're all dynamics! Some other point out the similarities in the details of characters' lives. Well, I don't care. I've missed Dan Rydell, Casey McCall, Dana Whitaker, Isaac Jaffee, Jeremy Goodwin, and Natalie Hurley. Maybe, just maybe, Studio 60 can fill that void in my life.

No comments: