Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Vegan Conspiracy

Salad is bad for you. According to this news report, two children tested positive for E. coli after eating spinach. The bad spinach resulted in the recall of spring salad mixes and other products that may contain the tainted spinach.
Ha! I wish I had access to these kinds of reports when I was a kid. Of course it wouldn't do me any good because my mom would still make me eat my greens.
"You better eat your salad."
"No thank-you, I don't want E. coli."
"Too bad. Eat your salad."
"OK, but if I get E. coli you'll regret it."
That's how the conversation would've went. My mom always wins, I don't think I ever won a single argument against her. Nothing bad ever happened to me (that I can remember) but it could've happened!
I think the beef PACs convinced the government to taint the spinach as a test run to wipe out the vegan community. Well, the vegan and the PETA folks.

4 comments:

damned_cat said...

yep, heard about that spinach thing. months after the sewage spill i still haven't gone back in the water, and months down the line from this e.coli thing i will still not be eating spinach. which is a pity, because as far as vegetables go it's near the top of my list.

Dan said...

Yeah i hear you. I get that way when i order at restuarants because of the movie Waiting

damned_cat said...

didn't see it and now probably won't. because i love eating at restaurants.

Dan said...

i recommend it. it humbles you. all you got to remember is that don't be a total bitch when it comes to ordering food and don't come in anytime within 30 minutes of closing.