Monday, October 09, 2006

best laid plans

My mission for this weekend was to finally compile a master list of all the dvds I own. I don't know how many I own but if I had to throw a dart in the dark, I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of 400. Yeah, I have no life. So I had this great idea of putting it all on an Excel spreadsheet that had title, production company, stars, and maybe even a rating system. I figured that it would take me the better part of the weekend to do this.
That was the plan. What actually happened was that I went with M to find a desk for a new employee. After three hours we give up, everyplace doesn't keep any in stock of the ones we need. We order instead. I decided I needed to wash my car too, it had been awhile since the last time. That killed another two hours for me. Afterwards, we meet up with Bill and Sabrina to grill-out. Sabrina is a vegetarian so that's a first for me. I've never had to grill out for a vegetarian, but I welcome the challenge. I made my famous (OK, not famous but unique. Well, not unique but just mine) 1lbs burgers. On a sidenote, I ate a total of 4.5lbs of meat this weekend. They were a challenge to cook on a grill that I've never used. Plus, the aerodynamics of the porch were bad that night and had to stare smoke most of the night. That meal basically ended the evening. No one could move very far from the table.
That was Saturday, pretty much a waste of time. Sunday was car maintenance day. Bill and I went to Autozone and picked up all the things we needed to complete the day (or so we thought). I got an oil filter, air filter, Rainex, towels, and brake fluid. Got under my hood and found out that I didn't need a new air filter. Doh! And as I let my engine cool down enough to change my oil, I applied the Rainex to my windows and refilled my brake fluid. Then I checked my coolant levels. Low. Damnit. OK, no problem. Later I can get some coolant and this will all be fine. I grab Bill's oil pan but it's gunked up with something (it may have been alive) and we decide to buy a new one. So Bill and I go up to WallyWorld in my car to get a new drip pan and some coolant. Yeah! For the favor, Bill changed the oil for me. So now Stacy seems to enjoy all of the attention. And rightly so, she hit the 245k last week. Probably later today I'm going to go to the gas station and fill up, adding in some gas treatment stuff I bought too. Hopefully she'll last another 245k.
With the Rainex I can't wait for it to rain. Muahahahaha, while the rest of you are slowing down and putting your wipers on high I'm just going faster! Recipe for disaster!

2 comments:

c o n s u e l a said...

Hi,
Bouncing off from Donna's (Champuru) page...
and read about you wanting to make list for your DVD's. Try this program: DVD Profiler http://www.intervocative.com/Downloads.aspx

It's a whole lot easier than trying to do it on Excel :)

take care :)

Dan said...

cool. thanks for the advice. to be honest, i don't caring about the results as much the process. although i'm sure about an hour into the endeavor i'll be cussing and wishing i had done it the easy way.