Friday, October 13, 2006

why i'm not an engineer

Not to say that my job or life is boring but I've actually gotten pretty good at Minesweeper. At first it was difficult, even on the easy level. Now I'm working on my time for expert. Currently, the fastest I can clear the expert level is 222-seconds. Of course I can't always finish the expert level. It's like a 1-in-16 chance I'll actually complete it. I'd like to get that down to something more reasonable. Sometimes I lose due to a stupid mistake, sometimes it's just a bad random selection. Nothing can be done about the latter but the former is just me. I consider this combat training and devote time to it. Hey, you never know when a game of Minesweeper might pop up in combat and I don't want to be caught unprepared.
Still, I'm dreading this upcoming weekend. I've got Army Reserve drill, excuse me, battle assembly. Tomorrow morning I've got to take my Army Physical Fitness Test. At the end there's a two mile run, which isn't all that hard but I haven't ran since February 2004. So I got to look forward to all of that. Oh well, it's a paycheck. See y'all on the flipside.

No comments: