Wednesday, November 01, 2006

all-state

I see the All-State insurance commercial all the time. The one with Dennis Haysbert and the split camera rotation commercial.
"All season radial tires. Anti-lock brakes. Electronic stability power steering. We've made everything about the car safer. Except the driver."
Well Dennis (and All-State) you've hit the problem right on the head. Human error, like most things in this world most of our problems stem from us. Christy would agree. Printer problem? Um, have you tried plugging it in?
Remember, this is coming from the guy that can walk out of the apartment without pants! *cringe*
I understand that insurance companies don't want safe drivers, because then they wouldn't make as much money. Insurance premiums would go down, can't have that! So All-State is offering up to $500 off your deductible for every 6 months you don't have an accident.
Hmm, let's see, I started driving in 1996. I had two minor fender benders in my first year and since then I haven't had a car accident. OK, I had one incident in Kuwait in 2003 but there was a small dust storm and a concrete baracade that I didn't know about! That shouldn't count!
At least they're offering something to the good drivers. Right? Let's examine this further, back in 1996 when I got into an accident (I was still on my parents' plan then) my dad's premium went up $155. I don't know how long he had to keep paying it but I figure it was for quite some time cuz he bitched about it for a few years after it. So it's not like they're making that much money (in the grand scheme of things) from the good drivers. Bad drivers is where the money's at! That's never going to change unless there's better driver's ed courses and laws against using cell phones will operating vehicles (and other such distractions).

No comments: