Wednesday, November 22, 2006

happy birthday scarlett

A 92-year old woman was shot and killed in Atlanta last night when police trying serve a warrant, returned fire after taking fire. There's some discussion on whether or not it was necessary to kill her after shooting three officers. What we're overlooking is that she actually wounded three officers. I mean c'mon, she's raised the grand total of officers shot in Atlanta to three! A 92-year old woman shot and hit three people when punks doing a drive-by with automatic weapons barely hit the buildings in front of them. That's got to count for something.

6 imans were removed from a flight because they were "flying while Muslim." Huh. Is that sort of like "driving while intoxicated?" Like being a Muslim is a temporary state brought on by an external event. Look, I'm not saying that it was right or anything but both sides have to be sensitive to the issue. Racism is everywhere, we may be "evolved" but not that much. Deal with it OK?

The poor students these days. Nerds aren't getting into colleges now. Aww, taking three AP classes, math league, and chess team? Guess what, not good enough. Never was, either. Academics and academic clubs aren't enough. Sports are important too, OK, so you'd never make the varisty team but at least you tried. It looks like you're more well-rounded. Plus there's the added fact that universities are forced to diversify their incoming freshman class because of political correctness. Stupid affirmative action. "I'm a black guy that didn't get into State, I carry a 2.0 GPA, that's racist." No, it's because you dumb. "Oh, I wasn't given the same opportunities as others." Then guess what, MOVE. It shouldn't be about quantity, but quality. I'd rather have 6 people that have the drive, determination, and ability to make something of themselves than have 201 people that can't figure out which side of the pencil is the sharp end. Even if this year it's 6 white guys. Try harder next year minorities. To prove my point, I'm pretty sure the only reason I got into college (back in my day) was because I was a minority. To which I promptly dropped out of, so that space I occupied freshman year could have been better spent on a white guy with similar grades that didn't get in because I took his spot.

No comments: