Tuesday, November 14, 2006

not just to keep rain off my neck

There's a couple of things on my mind. Yes. More than just an obstacle for the guy behind me at the movies. First off, DAMN YOU YANKOVIC! I was fine until I started to play Minesweeper on my laptop. I surely am not White & Nerdy. Whew. With that off of my chest I feel a little better.
Secondly, there's an issue that is reminscent of high school. I recently got an RSVP from a friend to attend his wedding reception in Ohio. Now, do I RSVP for +1 or not? Usually I do, but this dry spell has got me worried. I've got two months (which lots can happen, or it could be like the last two months and nothing happens), but how does this work? If I +1 and the day comes and I'm still single, do I find a replacement? Or do I just go it solo? Yeah, not much of a dilemma I know but it's just like prom back in high school. Except the pool of people I'm working from is much lower now than it was back then. Yesh.
Third (completely seperate from item 2) is this concept that hit me. I sometimes hang out with two friends from college (they're married) but often times I feel like the third wheel, we go to the movies and have plans to go see Happy Feet sometime in the future. The issue is this: they're starting to invite other singles (friends/family) in their life that are females. Am I wrong to be thinking set up? One of the possibilities is another one of our friends from college, whom I do like, she's cool in the slightly crazy way. The other is his sister, I've never met her. Call me crazy, but is someone controlling my life? Is this the Truman Show?

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

RSVP for +1, and invite a good friend. a friend so good that you and she will pass the night away making fun of everyone at the reception who deserves it. by the way, do not commit the following faux pas: ditching the friend for a love interest that may spring up between now and then. that's just uncool. UNCOOL!! if the friend is cool she will offer to back out so that you can take your sweetie. if she's uncool or clueless, too bad, but you invited her first. i know you know this, but i preach this sermon to everyone with a wedding date dilemma.

by the way, thanks for doing what YOU do. big hug returned.

Dan said...

ah, now to find that good friend. the problem becomes to find that person, most of my friends are either a) married, b) engaged, c) dating someone other than me. plus, my technique is a bit antiquated. i'm liable to end up on their doorstep with a gift horse.

and hey, if you believe kerry, then i'm dumb and that's why i went to iraq. i believe it, but i'm getting better. still using the comma a little too much in my sentences but i'm getting better!