Monday, November 13, 2006

the truth

I read this article and it reminded me of the bum from "Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinkin' Your Juice In the Hood." The 'bum' is holding a cardboard sign with the words, "Fuck it, I ain't gonna lie. I'm just lazy." After getting some change he pulls off his rags, revealing a three-piece suit and puts his stuff in the BMW parked in front of him.
The manatee ain't stupid, just lazy. Propeller blades approaching? Eh...
This is my kind of animal. I admire laziness, people relate laziness to stupidity. Which is wrong. I'm not that stupid. In fact, I can calculate the odds between my theortical action versus results and select the appropriate course of action (or lack thereof). Also, it takes a lot of energy to not do something; not as much as doing it but a lot more energy than one thinks. "Should I get up and clean? Well, the vacuum cleaner is all the way on the other side of the room. Plus, there's so much more to do before I vacuum, like wash dishes. If I wash dishes though, I want to eat so that I can fill up the dishwasher and not have to do two loads. OK, but what do I want to eat? Is it in stock or do I have to go to store? Store? No problem, I'll make a mental grocery list, now what do I need?" - Lots of energy taken up there, but what you see is me lying on the couch not doing anything.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

alrighty then, Jughead Jones.