Wednesday, December 06, 2006

swing swing

First off, I want to start on a personal note. Since this weekend my car has been sounding beefy. I can't explain it better than that. She sounds like she's a souped up little rice burner. She's not. She's still stock under the hood. The only difference is that Bill pulled off my muffler. To be honest though, it was going to fall off so I can't complain. Either it was now or somewhere on the road. This is better. Of course now the problem is that Stacy sounds like she's racing everywhere, and I'm surrounded by porsches, corvettes and magnums. All of them think I'm racing them when we pull off the line at the stoplight. So when I'm driving normally (a little on the fast side) all these other people with hundreds of horsepower are just blowing me away.



Last night I did a search of odd news from Yahoo!. The rest of the world hates us because we live in a bubble. A coup in Fiji, Iran is still continuing its nuclear program and Iraq is still a mess. What are we concerned about? The Vaughn/Aniston split, Murphy/Brown split and the Longoria/Parker engagement. Umm, yeah.

Nothing brings a family together like the holidays, so nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like trying to stuff a spouse in an oven. Seriously? In front of the kids too, that must be one happy household to do something like that. Couldn't he just be like the rest of us and smack her around?

Kid violence is not a laughing matter. OK, so I make it a laughing matter but not by making fun of anything serious. Like this study conducted by the government on school killings. Really? It's up from last year? Wow. But what's really amazing is that the government had to do a study to state the obvious. What's next? Oxygen deemed a good thing for survival. Thanks government, glad to hear my tax dollars are being well spent.

I just liked the headline of this article.

Now there's another hazard when we're flying. It's not just shoe bombs, guns, knives or liquid. Yes, I'm talking about farts, the silent but deadly killer. Paranoid people are funny.

Irony: Auschwitz, the place made infamous in WWII as a death camp is getting renovated. So we're keeping this place that has caused so much death and destruction of families... because? Well, I guess if the South can keep the Confederate flag then the Poles can keep Auschwitz. At this point I was going to make a bad joke about the Holocaust but instead I'll just leave you this link.




There's a ton of odd news out there and I wish I had the time to post them all. Oh well, I can do that later. The world is a hilarious place.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

they say nothing is a mistake as long as you can learn from it. i wish we could just let auschwitz naturally disappear into the ground (i think that would be beautiful) but we still haven't learned all we need to from those expressions of ignorance and hatred. still, something about "the renovation of auschwitz" packs such huh?! factor ...