Wednesday, December 13, 2006

up where we belong

Am I missing something here? Look, I know I'm not very smart but this confused me. Antidepressants increase suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Maybe there's no link from depression and suicide, I kind of always thought there was but I guess I'm the retard here huh? Not exactly antidepressants if make someone think about killing themselves.

"But mental health experts are worried that additional warnings about the risk of suicides linked to antidepressants could curtail their use and ultimately do more harm than good."

Uh, yeah. If all of your patients kill themselves there's no return business right? On the other hand their family members are more likely to seek your help or the help of your colleagues. So it's a win-win situation.

In summary, if you are depressed and what to take your own life, antidepressants will help you. Kill yourself that is.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

hideous graphic.

Dan said...

yeah. it is. but it illustrates my point. i never thought i'd get to use it.