Saturday, January 13, 2007

orlando rojas

'Sports Night' is probably my favorite show. 'Charmed' comes in a close second. Now I started watching Charmed because of Alyssa Milano but fell in love with Holly Marie Combs. Yet, something keeps drawing me to Sports Night. I don't pay much attention to sports, I'm not a fanatic or anything. I glance at the scores and I could maybe tell you who plays for what team but that's it. The characters aren't well written, but there's a lot of characters that do span across the board. If you watch his movies or shows, there is a distinction in Aaron Sorkin's writing style. "In the interest of full disclosure" is one of his key phrases that gets repeated throughout his writings. I don't mind it, and I sort of expect it. While the characters aren't well written, the script is. And what amazes me is how involved he is. Usually shows require a whole staff of writers just to write a single episode, but he manages to do it all with just a few people.
Another thing that I enjoy about Sports Night is the soundtrack. KC and the Sunshine Band, The Band, and other great musicians.
Well, that's it for me right now. I'm tired and I've got plans for tomorrow that I've got to postpone because I want to sleep in. "You're watching Sports Night on CSC, so stick around."

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

holly marie combs is hot. she's the kristin davis of the three witches. remember when shannen doherty was on that show?? geez.

Dan said...

*nod*

shannen was a biyatch. i was glad to see her go. even though it was a sad part of the show.