Tuesday, February 13, 2007

get stoned

OK, I'm trying to get out of the rut of being bitter about the impending doom. Yeah, I figure it's because there's no one to share it with. So... What kind of lover are you? Uh-oh. Can of worms there.

Ah, love is in the air. And so is gunpowder apparently. I don't bring this up because it's a sad thing to happen a few days before Valentine's Day but because I think it's related to this story. OK, I might be stretching it but hey, it's more than what the police got at this moment. That's his motive. Vouchers for public school kids.

Kindgarten class is back is style. Yes! I sent the email to my boss and told him I would like to enact this advice immediately. Starting today I will take a nap at work! Ha!

Speaking kids, I really wasn't all that surprised when I started watching the video. To be racist, he is an Asian boy, I expected him to get a perfect score in the math section of the SATs. Let me know when the black 5th grader gets a perfect score in the Verbal or whatever the other section is called. That'd be news. Huh, 10 years ago I took the SATs. I fell asleep halfway through it. I was up late the night before. I scored a 11-something. 1140? Something around there.

7 comments:

damned_cat said...

why do all 6 of those lover-types seem so ... deficient in so many ways?

Dan said...

because in reality there's about 20 types. lots of blends of each one.
*shrug*
so where'd you end up in those categories?

damned_cat said...

obsessive pal.

just kidding.

i dunno ... i didn't like any of them so i pegged myself as a romantic without any of the faults that go with it. then i realized, i am absolutely the least romantic person i know.

oh well.

damned_cat said...

et tu?

Dan said...

ah. back when i was part of a couple... hmm. have to say i was the obsessive/list-maker/giver.

it's hard to be romantic on a budget.

damned_cat said...

it's hard to be romantic, period. or maybe it's just me.

Dan said...

it's just you. not your fault though. you just haven't watched all of the romantic comedies out there. and i'm talking from the 50's on.