Thursday, March 22, 2007

bumblebee tuna

OK fatty riddle me this. You don't have ADHD but its cool to take the medication for it because you want to lose weight? I don't have anything against Alex, he got lucky. No major side-effects of the drug, well, none that wasn't intentional. I have a problem with the doctor prescribing the drug though. "Ziai (the doctor) says Adderall is the only option for many of his overweight kids." - Uh-huh. Have you ever recommended that THEY CLOSE THEIR MOUTHS AND STOP EATING SO MUCH? Put the fork down! Yeah, it's the only option...

OK, after taking that Mensa quiz and scoring "a little above average" I'm feeling super smart! Not as smart as the people that solved the Lie group E8 problem. That's totally cool, learn more here. Of course like most hobbies it has no practical application. Ha!

Only in Indiana. You got to love the level of stupidity here, and people wonder why technology companies won't come here and set up shop. To summarize, kids make movie about teddy bears killing a teacher, officials consider this a threat against the teacher, said kids are expelled. Really? Death by teddy bears? Of all the ways to go, I've never heard of that. Although I'll admit that my horror movie knowledge is lacking. I think it shows imagination, creativity, you know things that shouldn't be censored. Perhaps guided, but not censored.

Not to sound cold because gun safety is one of those things that I preach about, but I got to know was he a cop or robber? And no, I don't think that everyone has a right to bear arms. People that can't grasp the concept of what a gun is for shouldn't be allowed to have one. On the flip side though, I think people should at least have a basic understanding of how to handle one. i.e. Holding a loaded gun with your thumb and pointer finger isn't the safest method. A drop could jar the retainer pin on the safety loose and accidentally discharge it. The safest method of holding a loaded gun? Very simple. Unload it. You don't have to be a gun-fantantic to know how to do this. Unloaded guns have a very low fatality rate.
And like any other man-made device, it's not evil. Only the wielder.

No comments: