Tuesday, March 20, 2007

freak of the week

ARGH. Now it's 41 cents? It's doubled in the last ten years! Dang, I wonder if people complained this much back in the early 1900's. It's fricking insane! And these "forever" stamps? What a joke. I guess I'm going to be stockpiling stamps now right? Or am I just going to be lazy and pay the extra when they hike up the price again next year? Latter.

Wait for it. Oh yeah. What morons. I'm taking this quote and running with it.
"The killing of an animal has nothing to do with animal protection," said Wolfgang Apel, head of the German Federation for the Protection of Animals.
Oh I'm sure it was misquoted or edited, taken out of context or whatever. Still. That's just an awesome quote. Me, I'm going out and killing a bunch of animals now and post them at the nearest tree-hugger convention.
Or, I just thought of this for Mr Apel. You've got not right then to say anything if about killing the bear because you're the head of the PROTECTION of animals. So shut your mouth.
The bear is cute though. I want one.

Uh-oh. Looks like the price of stamps isn't the only thing on the rise. Coke will as be making a price hike. Umm, to clarify, by 'coke' I am referring to the street slang for cocaine. 19.5 metric tons of that crap was intercepted yesterday. Mmm, "OK boys I'll take it from here."

Oh yeah. I've known this was true since like January 2000. Let me take you back to the Playstation 2 and a game called Gran Turismo 2. Bill and I were logging in like 5-7 hours a day with that game, it was Winter Term and we both had it easy. After about a week of playing we run out of food and I borrow a friend's car to run to Krogers. Yeah, unlike the game, you can't take a fishhook turn at 40mph. Luckily he had good brakes and I slowed down in time. The bright side though is that because of those games I have a love for Honda CRX and Dodge Viper. Most of my car knowledge comes from that game. Plus, I push the envelop when I drive, especially with all the roundabouts in Carmel. You just need to be able to seperate video game from reality.

Genetically-altered mosquitos? Egads. The thing that gets me is the quote of how many people die of malaria each year as quoted by this article. 700,000 to 2.7 million? Isn't that a wide net? I could understand maybe a few thousand or even a hundred thousand, but 2 million? Geez. I'd hate to ask that guy how many people are on the planet. "Umm, anywhere between 2 and 6 billion." Well thanks, that really doesn't help me.

Damn this story. I'm not illiterate, but I do have trouble with job applications. What? No, seriously, I do! You should see how many mistakes I make. It's funny. I guess it's true then, they ain't teaching like they used to. 65+ group have the lowest illiteracy rate.

No comments: