Monday, March 19, 2007

release me

This weekend, to be different my friend and I went to an indoor shooting range. In was inside of a gun store. Don's Guns and Galleries has been a staple of Indiana for many years. I decided that before going with more friends this weekend I'd go check it out for myself. It's small, but its got a nice selection for rent. I went for the Glock40, magazine-fed, air cooled, semi-automatic weapon. Oh yeah baby. I did OK, but I could've done better if my hand wasn't all worn out by loading my own rounds right before firing. Still, it was a lot of fun. The only thing was that I ended up spending like $66. The usual price is $45 but I decided to fire off two boxes of ammo (100 rounds). Not bad though, I plan on trimming down that price next trip because I'll bring my own hearing protection and eye protection.

Ah. More teachers going that extra mile with a student. Well, at least this kid was a senior in high school. And really, I think it's the wife that deserves to be shot in the head, not the kid. *shrug* Someone needed to get shot.

Ah, some news on the "groom shooting." Some police officers were indicted and yet somehow they feel that it sends a bad message to the police. How exactly does putting 50 rounds into a guy not send a bad message in itself? Learn to shoot guys. You especially, Oliver. 31 rounds? That's reloading twice, firing two full magazines. What the hell were aiming at? I admire you for firing off that many rounds in such a short period of time, but still, you got to know that enough is enough. And they are calling this police racism? How exactly is that? Three of the officers were blacks too, that sounds more like black on black violence. Just to be racist though, I'm going to say this; Bell was being black. *shrug* What can you do?

OK. No more violence news stories. I think I've got it out of my system now. So I think it might be an indication of school funds when this happens. Look, you're hard up for some cash but that? That's just crazy. He said that they didn't charge him the $2 transcript fee. I bet that put it on his record though and will charge him for it the next time he visits. It's a bit much to wait 30 years for $13, and I'd probably call him long before then to collect.

Yup yup yup. Can't sack me just because I'm a Reservist. Although it's sad that they actually has to be a federal law to enforce this. It's a bit much but I guess necessary in this day and age of business. I've had this discussion with my employer on several occasions because I work in a small business and the chances of my deployment have increased recently. He quotes Indiana state law, while I quote federal law. Still, I understand where he's coming from but he doesn't see (or at least hints that he can) my point of view. The whole thing is complex, but it works in favor of the Reservist and their families.

No comments: