Sunday, March 25, 2007

one thing leads to another

Do what you say, say what you mean. I'll just say it. The weather here in Indiana is just plain weird and I dislike it. I've lived in various parts of this country and I've never quite encountered weather patterns like this. In the morning I got up, it was kind of dreary but I still went out and ran my errands. When I got back the weather was beautiful so I decided to take advantage and work a little on my car. I've been putting off some maintenance for some good weather like this. One of the things I attempted to repair was my front bumper. It sits in front of the hood instead of behind it. The knucklehead ripped it out but stopped about 1/10 of the way through and put it back together. By rip out, I mean actually rip out. Regardless, I managed to correct the problem. In my efforts, I had to remove some parts to gain access to the part I was repairing. Once removed I realized that I should probably clean it off, 16 years of crap buildup is extensive so I used more extreme methods. My cleaning method required that I repaint it, no sense in this metal part rusting on me too. It went from a dirty white/pearl to gunmetal gray. Of course the bolts were still white so I repainted them too, black this time. All in all, this took about 5 hours of my day. Just as I'm going down to my car to install the part, dark clouds take form overhead. Once my tools were out and I was in position it starts to rain. A few drops here, no big deal but I hurry up anyway. Don't want to be caught out in the rain with my hood open. My primary concern was lining up the two mechanisms that lock the hood down and release it. With the assembly complete it starts to rain harder. Dedicated to my work and knowing that God was laughing at me I knew that I hadn't aligned the two parts correctly and that my hood would be locked. Sure enough, I went to pop the hood and heard nothing. It's raining pretty good at this point and I manage to temporarily fix the hood problem. Rain delay. Will finish the rest after a good night's rest.

OK, I don't understand this, but apparently stupidity is bigger in Texas too. I lived there for the better part of two years and I really don't see how a $500 incentive helps. Yes, I admit 75,000 abortions is alot. However, that's not that simple. I wish it were, but it's not. It's not a solution. It doesn't address the problem. It's just stupid. Yeah it could potentially save 3000 lives. And to the "critics" it's not buying babies, it's saving lives. That'll be spending $1.5 million that could be better spent on other things, like say, sex education. *gasp* And what about the women and the families that already have decided on adoption as an alternative? I guess they should just walk into a clinic just for the $500. I'm sure that'll drive up the cost of the program. To be honest, it sounds like a political move to gain voters among the pro-life camp. It'll get shot down in appropriations.
To clarify, I'm not pro-life. However, it may be crueler to everyone if a baby is brought up in an unsuitable environment with inadequate funds. I just don't know.

No comments: