Wednesday, April 04, 2007

avoid the light

Huh. Things have certainly changed since I was a kid. There were usually spitball fights, maybe some paper football going on, or getting up and drawing on the chalkboard, and some nerds would get homework done. Nothing as lewd as that article. Seriously, I have no idea what's going on in the minds of kids these days.

Um, show me the Illinois law that covers negligent dancing and I'll stop typing. One of the things that amused me was the allegations; the suit says she suffered a fractured skull and brain damage. I'll give the fractured skull but brain damage? Are you sure? Is it possible you suffered that before the accident? I mean to be tossed in the air by an amateur, uh no thanks. It takes two to toss someone in the air (unless one of the people is a midget) and guess what? If you say it was against your will then your interference could be attributed to your injuries. Lose-lose in my book. Drop the suit and try to overcome your brain damage.

You've got to love the latest hippie trends. They're a blast to laugh at aren't they? The people I mean. And I love the cute intro line "upward facing belly pose" because you know what? I'm going to use it as part of the Army PT workout. Up next, pooping with your dog. A toilet for you and man's best friend.

Well, to be honest he was old and probably never got the same set of instructions that we got as kids. I remember a little from the fire safety classes. Stay low. Avoid elevators. Get out. Once out go to a neighbor's house and call 9-1-1. In this case though, the guy goes back into burning house to retreive cell phone to call 9-1-1. Yeah, I'm hoping this guy didn't procreate.

I was going to open with a pun here but I thought this might be in bad taste. Damnit! Can't type a sentence without making a joke. OK, besides the self-scolding here's the article on the effects of water intoxication. Like the adage, "too much of a good thing..." something something something. Water = good. Two gallons of water in short period = bad. I only wish that DA was an agent. Huh? Yeah, Agent Scully. While this wasn't exactly X-Files worthy it certainly is rare.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

haven't there already been enough news stories about stupid frat boys and sorority girls water-drinking themselves to death? stupid radio show. stupid people.