Friday, April 20, 2007

let me take you there

OK, because I've been discussing the benefits of talking versus violence with Christy I've been in this state of mind. I don't like the words he used, but I do agree with his point. Military force alone isn't going to solve the problem in Iraq. However, the lack of military force isn't an option either. If you want to send economic/political/social help in the form of workers there they need protection. Protection? Yup, for the same reason that the pope-mobile is bulletproof. Imagine trying to send thousands of workers to California but the nearest support base was Florida. The shear logistics of it is mind-boggling. I guess Reid was right when he said that "no soldier can get it done."

So, wait. WHAT? Yahoo is getting sued for what? Grr. Yahoo was doing what they thought was right, freedom of information request made by a recognized government. Can Yahoo be held accountable for what is done with that information? I don't think so. That's just holding Beretta and whatever bullet manufacturer accountable for the shooting at Virginia Tech. I say those activists should go protest in China instead of the relative "safety" of the US. What? You can't withstand the same environment of those you claim to "help"?

Shetty news.

4 comments:

damned_cat said...

Personally I think Bush is the one turning his back on the troops but I'm sure that's a tired sentiment so may I instead just comment on Richard Gere's amazingly bad luck? I'm sure if he knew what a pile of shit (shet?) he was stepping into, he would have kept his lips far away from that woman. Shouldn't she be in some kind of trouble, too? It's not like the outcry came from her. It's kind of like when a married woman has an affair and the husband goes after the other man with a shotgun. Hey, it takes two to tango.

Dan said...

i'm sure gere's publicist briefed him about pda in indian culture. while acceptable here, you still have to conform to others' rules of society. does it make it right? no, but maybe make him go through an excruiatingly painful, long seminar about it should do the trick.

damned_cat said...

they should just cane him, like the guy who spit his gum on the sidewalk in thailand.

Dan said...

hmm, never thought about it like that.