Monday, May 21, 2007

angel of music

You know, I've been living here in this hotel for two weeks, and most likely will be living here for the rest of the month. It has its benefits. Most of my house bills will be low, not a lot of usage this past month.
Last weekend we had a "cultural awareness" class given by a civilian. This class was supposed to give us a better understanding about the situation we headed into. That was the plan, instead we got a "brief history of conflict in the Middle East" video. From the displacement of Jews in WWII, the settlement of Israel, Iran-Contra, to the Gulf War. It was made before the events of 9/11 though. Ah, the propaganda. I was definitely feeling an anti-Semitic vibe from our civilian instructor (and I wasn't the only one). Yes, the US hasn't made the best decisions when it's come to deal with the Middle East or Muslims but I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on the Jews and Israel. There's plenty to go around.
It's been fun playing soldier for the last month but I'm ready to go back to my regularly scheduled life. One of my best friend's from college is pregnant and is having her last day of work and a shopping spree in early June which I want to be a part of but might not be able to because of this Army thing. If I had a sister, I'd want her to be just like LJ.

Eating out for lunch and dinner is getting to be expensive but a necessary thing. Damn you economy!

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

the trick is to eat linner (dunch?) - jam it into one meal. and go to sleep early.

Dan said...

easy for you to say...
nah, there's just a lot of physical activity to be done with this army thing i'm doing. lots and lots. plus i stay up late to watch my shows.