Tuesday, May 08, 2007

be aggressive

So for the last five days I've basically been living in this hotel. I had a three-day drill and then this phase one of our home station ECTA. Don't ask me what it means, but I guess it's something like when the Air Force goes to "the field." I used to make fun of my dad (he's Air Force) because staying in a hotel was how they usually "deployed" or went to the field. Now I've been Army for almost eight years and this was the first time I got put up in a hotel. It's weird to drive back to the hotel and basically do anything I want until the next day.
I've been working my ass off trying to get this unit ready to deploy. I'm maybe about 20% there but plan to be about 50% by tomorrow. This way I can basically take it easy on Friday. Woo!

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

the living in a hotel part sounds fun.