Monday, November 12, 2007

really?

OK. For like the last two months the monitor on my laptop has been getting progressively worse. At first it would only flicker once and awhile, nothing bad. Then about two weeks ago it started getting bad, I'd get huge white lines across the screen and it would white-out the entire screen and it would piss me off. It'd continue to flicker like this for awhile, then suddenly fix itself. Or vice versa, be fine and then out of nowhere it'd start crapping out.
I knew it was the monitor though, because I could plug in the 'monitor out' cable or the s-video, and it was fine on the TV or projector. So, what to do? Two days ago I went to Best Buy, where I purchased this nifty device. Luckily, when I bought it a few years ago I had the foresight to get the extended warranty of it. Well, honestly, it was a $2000+ laptop, I figure I should get the warranty too. Back to the present, I went to Best Buy with the laptop to get it fixed. The Geek Squad told me that it was a 1 month turn-around time. A month! Without my laptop? Even if I wasn't completely addicted to it there was no way that I could go a month without it. I need it for school! A month? Are they crazy?
About twenty minutes ago I was looking at my laptop and noticed that one of the hinges was slightly cracked open. Huh. Well, I figure I should pop them back together. Open laptop, and magically it's fixed. A month my ass.
Nah, I'll probably take it in later for services. You know, when I have a month to spare.

No comments: