Monday, December 10, 2007

i'm tired and sore

This weekend we had a one day drill, which is normally reserved for a family-day sort of thing but was switched to January. So we did a day of combatives, MACP. Modern Army Combatives Program. It's some of the fun stuff in the Army, takedowns, submissions. Basically think UFC. There are no pictures because in my infinite wisdom I left my camera at a friend's house the weekend before and have yet to retrieve it. Plus, as stills, the training looks like something out of the Kama Sutra rather than combatives.
Still, as tired and sore as I am from the combatives, perhaps the most painful was the fact that I extended my Army enlistment by six months. I can't tell you why. I can't even believe it myself. I was two months away from being able to completely walkaway from the Army, my 8 year obligation was up and I was in the clear but now I tacked on six months to that. I'm in until 10 August 2008. Go ahead, call me stupid because that's what I am.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

army and the kama sutra ... sounds ... entertaining.

so, another six months, huh? do you at least get to remain on familiar soil for that extension?

Dan said...

it was funny.

yeah, it's an adminstrative extension so i can take care of some stuff. nothing bad.