Friday, December 28, 2007

not a review

And it still makes me mad. Even though I don't think it falls into the category of entertainment, this was very entertaining. Although I wouldn't pay $34 for a Hello Kitty t-shirt. However, I would buy this Disney CD just to hear these lyrics that would make "any parent blush." Because this gift would really make anyone blush.

I spent this Christmas with my dad's relatives. Been doing it for a few years, every since I moved back to the midwest. We usually get together and do our thing on Christmas Eve. Since we're getting older and having our own families, Christmas is reserved for them. I don't have a problem with Christmas, even though I was raised Catholic I don't really see "Christmas" as a non-secular event. Yes, I'll go to Mass to celebrate the birth of Christ. But as far as believing that it is related to a jolly fat guy in a red suit that breaks into our houses via chimneys to leave presents under an evergreen tree decorated with shiny things and lights in exchange for some milk and cookies? Nope sorry.
The thing I hate most about modern Christmas is gingerbread houses. Curious? I'm not knocking the creativity or skill it takes, but I think it's just sick. Here's why. Gingerbread people. It's people made out of gingerbread. I don't mind that, I'll play with gingerbread people but then you make houses out of the same substance? C'mon, if we made a house made out of the same things we're made out of, well then you've got a house made out of people. Nah, I'm just kidding I don't have a problem with gingerbread construction.

Now that's a bit much for me, I'll make small purchases with my loose change. Maybe a CD or something, but a truck? Yeah, I can't do it.

Yeah, well, it's better than Optimus Prime. Although it isn't the worst decision made by people. More of those dumb laws.

This is probably something I'll end up doing. If he would've asked me, I would've done it for free.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

ew. i never thought of gingerbread construction material THAT way before. thanks.

Dan said...

hehe. that's what happens when you've got too much time to think. no books to read. can't afford the shipping cost.