Wednesday, January 02, 2008

i am freaking out!!

I am freaking out! Not really. I just love the commericals. I think it's hilarious because yes, it's true, if you walked into a Burger King and they said they weren't selling Whoppers anymore it would be disconcerting. However, it's not a real freakout unless it happens outside of a localized area (a Burger King). Go into a neutral area, say a supermarket, and tell people that Burger King has discontinued the Whopper just to see their reaction. I bet there isn't one. Now go into that same neighborhood and tell people that terrorists are going to detonate a nuclear bomb there, I bet that'll freak them out.

I don't think there's anything really funny about this story, I mean the guard felt he was responsible and did the honorable thing. Nothing funny about that. I don't think he should've taken his life, but hey, it's done. What I do find funny about the story is the pictures attached to the story. Now, they've digitally covered up the officer's name for his own protection yet they mention his name throughout the article. The offensive portion of the note is left untouched though. I can remember a time when they would've blanked it out, but I guess that's the state of the nation today. We'll blank out the name of the guy we know but not cover up the drawing of someone giving us the middle finger. Perfect!

Not to say this isn't an idea I've toyed around with, but it is morbid. Both sides make compelling arguments. Hey, if you know someone's going to kill you, you might as well tell someone in a letter. And if you want to frame someone for your "murder" you might as well tell someone else in a letter as well. The only problem I see with this is in the second scenario you might get the conviction but you're still dead. Unless you have some Hollywood magic going for you.

Ew. I guess there's something to be said for those plus-sized ladies and their underwear. Here's a time you'd want to blank out the name in the article. Although I guess she and everyone that knows her knows that she's a plus-sized girl.

Aww. Dogs that love spaghetti? All I can think is that Lady and The Tramp scene.

$46.40 That seems like a lot for "four" people. Of course I eat at the cheap places but still. You can't blame them can you? My mom used to preach about getting your money's worth at all-you-can-eat places. "Hit the seafood, the roast beef" Keep away from the stuff we eat at home. Hehe. On a separate note, I knew two people from Houma, LA. I'm surprised it's still there. But of creole folks there, plus it's like 20 miles south of Baton Rouge, I thought that was all underwater now.

Sex is legal. Selling is legal. So shouldn't sell sex be legal? What? Is it wrong? Why? Hey, I'm a traditionalist. I'll pay for dinner, entertainment, pick her up, drop her off, open the door, but all of that (except the last one) costs money. I'm paying that cost. Now if I get sex, then vicariously I've paid for sex.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

"y'all fat and y'all eat too much"? my question is what was he doing there with his wife's cousin.

Dan said...

it's houma, so wife's cousin could be the polite way of saying he was dining with his sister/mother. who knows?