Thursday, April 03, 2008

maybe not the best name out there

OK. I was watching late night TV and I stumbled across a commercial for a new product called Oxegen AKG. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Some sort of dietary supplement or something. The webpage wasn't that helpful, nor was the TV commercial. The TV commercial probably explained it better, but I couldn't pay attention because I was laughing so much.

The actors or whoever in the commercial refer to the product as just Oxegen, which unfortunately is pronounced like "oxygen." They give their "personal experiences" with the product and how it helps in everyday life. It goes something like this, "I noticed a big difference in my workouts when I started using Oxegen." Which sounds like "I noticed a big difference in my workouts when I started using oxygen." Duh. "Oxegen gives me the boost I need to get through the day." Duh. As opposed to not using oxygen which would just mean you're dead.

Maybe that wasn't the best name for the product after all...

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

i also find it to be true that when i breathe, i can run so much faster. thanks, oxegen!

Dan said...

hehe. that's how the commercial kinda went... it just sounded so ridiculous.