Wednesday, April 02, 2008

my story

I consider B one of my good friends. I've known him for almost 10 years now. I met him in college, we joined the same fraternity, and we promptly dropped out of college... Not promptly, but it wasn't long before some drinking activities began to interfere with studying. Despite my joining the military and him returning home, we kept in contact with each other. There wasn't a ton of communication between us, but enough to keep the friendship going.

So two years ago, we both moved to Indiana. I was coming from Cincinnati and B was coming from St. Louis. I even moved into the same apartment complex as B because it was cheap and at least I'd know someone around there.

I don't know when it was, but somehow we stopped talking to each other. To be more specific (from my perspective) he stopped talking to me. I never saw him. He was working up in Kokomo and his girlfriend was up there too. Which I didn't think was too weird, I even understood it. He eventually moved in with his girlfriend into a new place that was sort of midway between where they lived. What irked me was the fact that even though I was never seeing or talking to him, he kept in contact with other mutual friends. Now, I haven't had a job for almost a year. I'm thinking that I've got plenty of time, but nothing. I know I sound like a girl complaining about not hanging out with a friend, but it pissed me off. I just didn't like hearing about fun stuff being done without me, secondhand from mutual friends. I learned from W that he had proposed to his girlfriend. I learned from W that they were moving (again), not that I know where they live now or have any idea where they'll be living in the future. I learned from W when the wedding was. I was really feeling left out. Or as we say in the Army, "butt sore." Yeah, it's as gay as you think it is.

Honestly, we didn't start hanging out again until the skichair was built and tested. We're guys, that's what happens. We don't hang out unless there's a possibility of a story out of it.

Still haven't gotten an invitation to the wedding, but he has asked me to participate in it. W, M, and I have gotten registered as ministers, just in case they need officiants (is that a word or spelled right?) Plus, I'm trying to put together kick-ass bachelor party options (although that isn't my job). That's what friends do.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

guys are cool. you can not hang out for years and still consider someone your good friend. girls pack so much more drama. that's why i don't like very many girls.