Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day

Because I am always forgetting important days like birthdays and anniversaries, days like Father's Day seem to be the worse for me. It's on the 2nd Sunday of the month, carry the 4, and don't forget to multiple for leap year. Grr. Thanks Internet, for helping me remember days like these.

There are tomatoes in McDonald's food? Huh. That just goes to show how much I know about fast food. And why are we getting salmonella from tomatoes now? Yeah, I realize that it's actually the food handling process, but it makes it sound like that the tomato is the actually source of the bacteria? Virus? Disease? Hmm, I am now able to link illegal immigration to salmonella... more to come on that.

Aw. I love a good love story. You know, where they overcome the obstacles they face, battle the stereotypes, and/or fall in love in the most unusual of circumstances. Let me get this straight (no pun intended), the church is saying it is not a marriage. So what's the problem? Is it that they're priests? Gay? Or that the liturgy contained "Dearly beloved..."?

This is truly a tragedy worthy of a news story. He should've gotten both dogs. Yup. A damn shame. I'm kidding. It sucks, but the dog was on the leash which I'm guessing meant that the owner (Robert Machin) should of had positive control of the dog. i.e. doggie no go under street sweeper. This version has no spin to it. I love how the end makes the driver and the city sound like a villian by stating that the driver is still at his job while the investigation is ongoing. The only way they could spin this more is if they said "So dogwalkers beware!"

Excessive? No. Throwing a nurse in jail for 10 months for allegedly stealing the police officer's weapon is excessive. I gotta wonder what the evidence in that case was?
PROSECUTION: She was there, therefore she committed the crime.
JUDGE: Are you backing that up with facts?
P: Yes, your honor. She admits to pulling the police officer from the vehicle.
J: OK. By your hypothesis you have proven you're case.
Uh, yeah. $7 million isn't excessive. Forcing the prosecutor to be castrated for making such a case might be excessive. Oh, she's black. Yeah, she must've done it.

I hate crimes against children. That's just wrong. However, I wouldn't call this torture. Abuse? Yes. Torture? No. I mean, torture implies that there was something the lesbians wanted from the kid. Either pleasure or information and I can't see how the 5 year-old had any information relevant to extract. And call me racist, but judging by the names I'm going to go ahead and say he's black and so is his mother. Maybe the girlfriend too.

Uh, yeah. Aren't those fancy vehicles designed to prevent such a thing? Well, I'm guessing that someone is suing Lexus.

No comments: