Wednesday, June 25, 2008

you asked

You know, some of my ideas are outside of the box when coming up with causes & effects. However, I think this one is in another zip code. Never in my life would I think that global warming would give rise to threats in national security. It's an interesting idea, but really? I don't think it directly affects terrorism. I guess that's just one more reason to drive flex-fuel cars or driving a hybrid. Up next, the global war on global warming. I gotta think of a snappy operational name.

This is BULLSHIT. What the hell is going on? I say open up the use of capital punishment. Introduce public flogging. Let the victim choose the punishment. To hell with this touchy-feely criminal justice system. Cruel & Unusual? You bet. Punishment is supposed to be cruel and unusual, otherwise it's not effective. On the 6 o'clock news tonight, a son and father are flogged together for a crime committed by the kid. Huh. Hold the parents accountable. Show the kids what happens when they commit a crime. If a victim wants the convicted to die, I say good. Sure, put a limit on it; like you can't get the death penalty for stealing a candy bar. The same punishments apply as they do today (or slightly modified) but let the victim choose what happens.
Oh no. A child rapist dies... I'm crying on the inside. I guarantee that the death penalty reduces the recidivism rate. Sorry, this stuff makes me a little angry. My contribution in remembering George Carlin.

Huh. I thought he killed himself because he got caught and was ashamed. My bad, apparently it's the tv show's fault. I say it's good, one less possible child molester out in the world. Everyone wins.

Hmm. Something about this doesn't jive with my senses. I believe the family, not the company. Yeah, I think an autistic child would be uncontrollable. Flying could be an issue. I don't think that a pilot would turn the plane around because she didn't put her bag in the overhead compartment. Granted, aviation security has increased in the last few years, but nothing to this level (I hope). Of course I'd be happy to find out that the kid wasn't autistic and she was kicked off the flight for not complying with FAA regulations.

I'm guessing that the 30-minutes-or-less delivery timetable isn't strictly observed. That's good stuff man. This is real news.

Hehe. It's an anti-redneck law.

For a hiking zebra I know.

3 comments:

damned_cat said...

the kennedy case and supreme court decision highlight the horrible controversy of death penalty for child rapists. (personally, i think what's good for a child rapist is good for a general rapist.) but the intricacies - needing a child to testify, for example - stand both as frustrating roadblocks to justice and as necessary safeguards of justice. people feel more comfortable assigning the death penalty to murderers because though it's totally damning in its finality (both for the executed and, as some see it, for the executOR), it's an eye for an eye, a more comfortable fit. who knows where the issue will head in the future.

this is also messed up, and the excessive leniency of the sentence is obvious to me.

damned_cat said...

and hey! i just bought a sports bra today (25 percent off at sports authority.) i feel so much safer now. hee.

Dan said...

i'm really against crimes committed against children. murder, rape, similar stuff. you end up killing them or their soul, which i think is just as bad and deserving of a death penalty.

and good on you for buying the sports bra. someday you'll thank me.