Tuesday, July 15, 2008

hot cocoa

Two life sentences each? Really? That'll be like 10 years. Well, they wanted the money to make sure that they're taken care of right? Well, that's what prison will do for them. It'll probably keep them around for 20-30 more years. 23 policies? Yeah, that's a bit excessive.

What? I'm not questioning the validity of this story. It's fine. He lied, he's off of disability, he'll probably have to go back to work. No. My problem is that his face is blurred but they give his name. How is that protecting his identity?

OK. This I have a problem with. If this stands, then you have the possibility of sex offenders moving in next door or down the street from the school. And that's not cool. I'll admit that maybe the guy that committed the offense against the 13yo when he was 15yo probably shouldn't be labeled a sex offender but that's the exception not the rule. I'm sorry but most sex offenders are likely to re-offend, allowing them to live/work around schools or where lots of kids hang out is just neglience. Like this guy. A website? C'mon. Regular criminals don't make websites promoting their crimes. Pro-armed robbery websites? Not likely. Maybe some of the more disturbed murderers would make a website, but that's disturbed. If that ain't a reason to re-enact Megan's Law... because one child molested is one too many.

I could mention that I saw this story on an episode of Grey's Anatomy, but instead I think I'll make fun of myself (or rather my family). Yup. 140lbs tumor removed? My parents had one removed back in 1998. The year I went to college. You see, in this story, I'm the tumor. Eh, it loses meaning if I have to explain it.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

good lord, she had no other symptoms cluing them into the fact that it MIGHT be more than a diet-and-exercise problem??