Saturday, September 20, 2008

reach for it

Finally some justice. Not that it's a good thing for a 2-year old to shoot himself in the eye. Yeah, guns make bad boo boos. What the hell is the gun doing just on the nightstand? Seriously? There really needs to be anti-stupid parent laws to prevent things like this. When two people from the shallow-end of the gene pool have a baby, you don't end up with geniuses. Argh. And you know who ends up paying for it? The kid.

At least it wasn't sex. That would just be awkward. As a fat guy, I'd have to say I would be tempted by the offer, but would decline because there's no way to enforce the agreement. Yup, I'd be out of a sandwich. Sure I reach the same moral answer, but my method is different.

This is why I miss Texas. Anywhere else and the burglar would probably be pressing charges against the guy that shot him. Or the police would press charges. Uh, yeah, that is a good deterrent against crime when people shoot back.

That's restorative justice if you ask me. It doesn't solve all of the problems, but it's a start. He's Joe Dirt!

No comments: