Friday, July 28, 2006

The universal constant is change.

No, this isn't a pseudo-physics rant. This one is personal. I was a military brat, I moved around the world every few years and I would meet new people and make new friends every place I went. You'd think I'd be able to cope with change, but it had the exact opposite effect on me. I hate change! Look at my life. The friends that occupy it are at a minimum of 4years, the only new people I meet are through work or the Army and not really 'friends' yet. The two people I hang out the most with are fraternity brothers, I met them back in 1998.
I don't go to bars to pick up chicks, I prefer less 'meat market' type places, or heck, a friend setup works... not really. I hate change, I don't know how I can say it any different. I can't explain it either, but I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, before buying a couch or desk, all of my things could be put in a backpack. My dvd collection resides in huge (200+) cd cases, portable dvd player, my psp, iPod, laptops, and so on. Easy for me to pickup and move, but I hate to do it. I mean it takes me so long to get used to a new city, new surroundings, new roads, shortcuts, and the like. It took me a year to get used to Cincinnati and then I moved.
I guess I'm not surprised that I like all my 'old' music, when they play Michael Jackson on the oldies radio stations, I know that I'm old. And I'll still listen to it over the majority of the crap on the airwaves today.
To anyone that reads this. I apologize if some of my words don't make sense or even sentences or thoughts. Apparently I am suffering from a case of insomnia, going on 3 or 4 days now. They say the lack of sleep plays tricks on your mind.

No comments: