Saturday, August 26, 2006

army times.

Well, it's the time of the month. Not that! My two-day commitment to the Army Reserves. Yup. But now instead of calling it 'drill' they call it 'battle assembly.' Why? I have no idea, it sounds tougher maybe but we do the same things.
Today we had a pop quiz. The test? Urine. Unfortunately for me, about twenty minutes before they told us, I had used the bathroom. So I spent about two hours studying for my piss test. In the Army, you need a 75% to pass. I hope I got that, last time I scored at 74% and they made be retake it. Here's how the test goes, a computer generators a list of people in the unit at random and they pee in a cup while someone watches. Somehow though, more than 50% of the unit was selected at 'random' for this screening. Back in the day, they'd only do 10% maybe 15% but the Reserves are different. They select over 50%, taking 90% of the leadership and sticking them in one room for several hours while soldiers run around unattended.
Let me put it to you this way. If the government were to go into your neighborhood and select people for screening, they took 90% of the parents and left the kids on their own. What kind of chaos can you imagine? Now multiply that by 10. Basically all the bad parts of the bible. Nah, we're not that bad, but it is stupid.
Well, tomorrow is 'family day' at the unit. I think my dad is coming down, maybe, if he wakes up early enough to make the drive. Who knows though? That dude's ancient.

No comments: