Saturday, August 26, 2006

the forgotten, but not.

How the hell did my dad forget to tell me that my great aunt Lucielle died two weeks ago? How the hell did anyone forget to tell me until today? SERIOUSLY???! What the hell is going on? I only got to visit a few times when I was younger and recently saw Lucielle at my mom's funeral. My great uncle Homer died two, almost three years ago. I was in Iraq at the time and unable to attend the funeral.
Homer had fought in World War II in Europe, there are lots of letters home. They all read like they're straight out of the movies. I guess vice versa huh? Still, not much has changed in letters since those times to today.
I plan on scanning all of the letters into the computer at a later date, or maybe even try my hand at scrapbooking or something. I could just frame the letters and what not, it'll be a project for me.

1 comment:

damned_cat said...

sorry to hear about your aunt. do the scrapbooking thing - you won't regret it.