Sunday, August 27, 2006

grey's anatomy

I can't believe I opted for a repeat episode of Grey's Anatomy instead of a new episode of Mind of Mencia. It was a good episode, the one after George sleeps with Meridith and she cries uncontrollably in the middle of the whole thing.
What I can't believe either (seems that I don't believe a lot of things) is that ABC decided to move GA to Thursday night. Moving nights usually results in a drop in viewers, or worse, a harbinger of cancellation. I hope it's a power move against NBC's Thursday night lineup but still... I understand moving to split up the Desperate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy power house on Sunday nights. Trying to team up weaker shows with strong shows has worked in the past, a good example in recent history is Will & Grace, added in between Seinfeld and Friends. However, I can't think of an example of when it worked for an hour long dramedy.
Besides the characters, character interaction, storylines, and medical knowledge, I love the fact that it's on Sunday nights. Before I have to start a week at work, I'll have that little to get me through it all. I go to sleep happy on Sunday, wake up happy on Monday. Now what do I have? Nothing! Damn you ABC!
Yes, I will watch Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights, but I won't enjoy it as much as I did on Sundays.

2 comments:

damned_cat said...

who's george? what's mcdreamy's real name? if it weren't for all those spots of true GORE i'd definitely put grey's at the top of my list of "stuff i'm going to start stockpiling and watching on DVD."

Dan said...

O'Malley. He's the one that's love-struck by Meridith. Lives with her and Izzy.
McDreamy = Dr. Shephard.
I like the gore, because it's realistic. Besides, it's not like it's real people parts. Most are animal parts dressed up to look like people parts or archived footage.