Thursday, August 10, 2006

kid fun; fear me

Yesterday I got into work at 2:40pm. This you already know. I left promptly at 5pm, hey it's a 9-5 job still, just because I show up almost 6-hours late doesn't mean I stay late. After work my friend tells me that he's purchased a 55-in screen plasma TV and needs help setting it up. Of course if you've got a big TV, you need a sound system to match and therefore also purchased a Bose surround sound. Now the problem is that his current TV stand isn't big enough (or tall enough) to support a 55-in TV. We spend most of the night shopping around for a TV stand at every place from Costco to Lowe. Finally, we just use the buffet table in the dining room and it works out nicely.
All that wasn't even the story I was thinking about originally, it's a good story but I needed to fill you in on the real kid fun. While we're shopping around for the TV stand, I check out all of the toy sections. Recently I've been having these juvenille fits. My parents used to buy me something to get me to shut up, but sadly I am an adult. Which just means I have to buy them myself. At first I thought I wanted some Legos, but damn, either the prices have gone up or my parents were filthy rich when I was a kid cuz all that was expensive! I ended up leaving with a Nerf dart gun, 6-barrel, side loaded, pump-action, air pressured gun. So what's cooler than a dart gun? How about a dart gun with a laser sight? That's right! I'm the first kid on my block with a Nerf dart gun with laser sighting. Unfortunately, the laser was designed for something more substantial than Nerf and the accuracy is about 1 meter. Still this is newsworthy, and proud of because I spent an additional hour last night sighting the laser to my Nerf gun.
Fear me.

No comments: