Wednesday, August 09, 2006

perks.

The perks of the business...

Yesterday, being a Tuesday, would not be the ideal day to stay out late drinking, carousing, playing poker, and general alcoholic amusings. Nor is it usually acceptable to come in to work at 2:40pm. And when I got in, I plugged in my laptop and checked my personal email account, checked out my myspace, got tired and went out for a cigarette break. I also logged on to here to start this blog. Usually this would get a person fired, but not me. It's one of the perks of this business, yeah the pay might suck but you really can't beat the fact that I'm dressed in jeans and running shoes in this business casual environment.
I did get a lot accomplished Tuesday so that there wasn't much for me to do today, and what I needed to get done today took very little time.
OK, time to get back to pretending to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2:40 p.m.? that's it, i'm quitting teaching and becoming your apprentice.

Dan said...

well, there's the lengthy interview process... the pay sucks as my apprentice... and moving to the mainland. which pretty much just sucks. nah, stick with teaching.