Sunday, October 22, 2006

the incident of the big fuzzy spider

My original plans for the weekend changed. Again. Still, you gotta roll with the punches and wanted to make this weekend LEGENDARY. Unfortunately, we only got to LE. Early Saturday started out like any other weekend. Needed to get my shopping out of the way. That meant a trip to Wally World. Stacy needed some new high beam lights so I looked them up and selected a set. Yeah, turns out they don't fit. No problem, I only spent $118 at Wal-Mart and $52 came from headlights. Money well-spent. I go back Sunday to return those wrong headlights for another set of wrong headlights.
Back to Saturday, after I was done trying to fix my car, I get a call from Bill. Doza is here and wants to go to Columbus. Ohio. "Dude, I was just there last weekend!" So I get over to Bill's and we're trying to figure out what we're going to do. Doza goes ahead and leaves, Bill's got some stuff to take care of, and me, I'm just completely unprepared. We all drive separately, I call some friends from my unit to see if we can't make this weekend LEGENDARY.
Three hours later, we're in Columbus. Hungry and thirsty. Well, Applebee's is nearby and could potentially solve both problems. Drinking begins, moving from Applebee's to O'Reilly's and eventually to our buddy Jim's place. I don't know how much I drank before I left Applebee's but I had this brilliant idea to steal the giant fuzzy spider hanging on our light. Yes, so I pull it down and start folding the legs in to fit inside of my jacket. Making it out wasn't hard either, but unfortunately there was a casaulty... my black watch cap is gone. I have no idea where it is or who has it. It's getting cold outside and Stacy's heater doesn't work... bad combination with no cap. Bill says it's OK though because I got a spider out of the deal. I would much rather have my wool cap.

No comments: